Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Week 1 EOC: What sacrafices are you willing to make for your career


As an audio professional the thought of a “steady job” is almost a thing of legend. There are also so many areas that can be explored for earning a potential living in the field. At the end of the day it comes down to who you know more than your skill set which actually evens out the playing field. As of right now I have already made many sacrifices. I have left my beloved home in Cleveland where I had a stable house hold and all my friends, to Live in Las Vegas where the weather is nice majority of the year but the city is fast and the people are rude. I made those sacrifices just for an education to be used as a key to get into the industry. While being educated I’ve sacrificed my time my money, and my health just for a degree that I haven’t earned yet! So as far as what I’m willing to sacrifice for this career of mine is actually more than what I just mentioned. I’m willing to pack up and leave my residence, yes break my lease. Willing to leave my girlfriend, yes abandon our relationship. Leave my family (again), yes have them wondering if I’m still alive. Basically I’m willing to sacrifice any and everything, and I plan on sacrificing any and everything because your legacy is not determined by you after you die it’s determined by those who remembered you. I want to be remembered as the scrappy intelligent little black guy who sacrificed it all in hopes of living comfortably doing what he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment